@ a glance
- ConsTrack is designed to trigger and promote increased and informed citizens’ participation as well as appropriate interfaces with elected representatives regarding the choice and implementation of Constituency Projects across Nigeria.
- The project is built around a mobile application and its overall objective is to engender transparency, accountability and inclusiveness in Constituency Projects while setting off a massive nationwide engagement on the scheme.
- It is a multi-stakeholder project comprising various programmes around awareness, engagement, and advocacy
- ConsTrack is a variant of FollowTheFunds (FTF), an OrderPaper initiative to track public finance designed as a fall out of the high-profile Gallery Colloquium on Budgetary Reforms held on September 26, 2016 in Abuja.
- ConsTrack is being implemented with support from USAID’s Strengthening Advocacy and Civic Engagement (SACE) project
- Lack of transparency and accountability in design/execution of Constituency Projects
- Absence of verified and holistically organized database on Constituency Projects with regards to location, actual funding and true status of implementation
- Lack of constituents’ inclusiveness in choice of Constituency Projects
- Opacity and misinformation surrounding Constituency Projects
- Public apathy and promotion of participatory democracy
Objectives of ConsTrack
- A platform to engender appropriate and sustained citizens’ engagement with legislators on Constituency Projects
- To encourage inputs from and participation of citizens in the choice, location and implementation of Constituency Projects
- To provide informed understanding and appreciation of the concept and implementation of Constituency Projects by legislators
- To validate or otherwise repudiate arguments for the sustenance of Constituency Projects scheme
- To significantly increase the percentage of constituency project funds that is effectively utilized
- To provide legislators a viable, verified and veritable platform to tell their own stories on Constituency Projects
- To promote and institute broad-based budgetary reforms
About OrderPaper NG
OrderPaper is Nigeria’s premier multi-platform media organization dedicated to reporting, tracking and archiving activities of the legislature as an arm of government for the digital age. OrderPaper Nigeria operates very interactive virtual and actual platforms that provide for citizen interaction with and participation in its routine reportage and specially created public engagement series. OrderPaper Nigeria is non-partisan, non-aligned and non-discriminatory; and is founded on and guided by TRUTH, BALANCE, FAIRNESS and the pursuit of EQUITY.