OrderPaperToday – The Senate yesterday, kick-started the screening of ministerial nominees submitted by President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday. There were some dramatic moments and remarkable words as well. Here are eight punchlines to remember from four of the nominees:
- President Muhammadu Buhari’s led administration has had the least number of strikes and the strikes that have been the shortest.
- Federal Government is not responsible for basic education.
- The question of primary education in Nigeria is a sad story.
2.) Ogbonnaya Onu (Nominee from Ebonyi and immediate past minister of science and technology):
- Two Nigerian agencies have developed drugs to cure breast cancer and leprosy.
3.) Uchechukwu Ogah (Nominee from Abia):
- It is not responsibility of Federal Government to create jobs.
4.) Godswill Akpabio (Nominee from Akwa Ibom):
- I am the only former Governor without a house in London, United States of America and Dubai.
- I want Nigerians to remember me as a man who wants to move the country forward instead of moving his pocket forward.
- Some people think Nigeria is rich, we are not.